Finnish Film Foundation’s International Department can help you with any questions related to film screenings. Please contact us as early as possible when there is a chance to screen Finnish films at a festival or embassy event!
We will help you select the right film with the aid of your expertise on local culture and interests. We can also provide a screening link for you to view the films in advance. When the films have been selected, we will contact the rights holder, which is usually the film’s producer/production company in Finland or a Sales Company managing the international screening rights. The screening fee for a feature film is usually between 400–700 euros. For documentary films the fee is around 150–700 euros and for short films 50–200 euros. You will always need permission to screen a film based on Finnish Copyright Law.
Once the screening rights have been negotiated, we will provide you with the film’s dialogue list for subtitle translations and a press kit with photos. We will also provide you with the screening copy of the film, primarily with a link to our online server. Our screening copies are always subtitled in English. Please remember to check the technical requirements for the screening from the cinema or other event location.
It is also possible to invite filmmakers to attend the screening of their film to introduce it to the audience or to network with local industry professionals. Filmmakers can apply for Travel Support from the Finnish Film Foundation for such occasions. The support only covers travel expenses, other costs (e.g., hotel, per diem) are the responsibility of the host.
Our International Department:
Head of International Department
• managing international promotion
• project support for international promotion: feature films
+ 358 9 6220 3026
Advisor / International Promotion and Cultural Export of Feature Films
• festival distribution strategy for feature films
• travel support and material and marketing support for feature films
+ 358 9 6220 3032
Advisor / International Promotion and Cultural Export of Documentary Films
• deputy starting Jan 8, 2024
• festival distribution strategy for documentary films
• travel, project and material and marketing support for documentary films
+358 9 6220 3049
Advisor / International Promotion and Cultural Export of Short Films
• festival distribution strategy for short films and short documentary films
• travel, project and material and marketing support for short films and short documentary films
• monthly short film screenings at Kino K13
• curating short film programmes
+ 358 9 6220 3019