The aim of the support is to encourage international cinema distribution of Finnish films abroad.
Image: Tero Ahonen
Support is granted to a Finnish production company or organisation, who will redistribute the funds accordingly to the project’s international collaborators.
The application period
August 1, 2022 – September 30, 2022, 4pm local Finnish time (UTC+3).
Facts and figures
- Granted to a Finnish production company or organisation, who will redistribute the funds accordingly to the project’s international collaborators.
- Support can be applied for at the earliest when the distribution agreement has been signed and no later than three (3) months after the local premiere.
- The support may be used for film copy materials, marketing materials, regional marketing campaigns and dubbing.
- Grant amount per one film in one country or one territory is EUR 7,000. Same application can be used to seek funding for several countries and territories. Total amount that can be granted per film is EUR 40,000.
- The foreign distributor’s own investment must be at least equal to the amount that is applied for from the Finnish Film Foundation.
- Minimum guarantee must be paid in full before applying. The grant cannot be counted as part of the minimum guarantee.
- The actualized overall funding of the project must not exceed the project’s actualized costs.
- The support will be paid to the beneficiary’s Finnish bank account in two instalments. 80% in the first instance after the decision and 20% after the final report has been approved by the Finnish Film Foundation.
- The granted support must be used, and the final report submitted no later than one (1) year after the grant decision is taken.
The grant can be applied through the Finnish Film Foundation’s application system, by a Finnish production company or organisation. The attachments must be prepared in collaboration with the international sales agent/distribution company.
See full of required attachments, other requirements and evaluation criteria: